I joined Southern’s Houston operation in May 2009. I started as a temporary employee but was soon offered a full-time position in August 2009. By starting out as a laborer, I was able to gain knowledge and experience in different workshop areas, which included welding and boilermaker skills. I’ve also worked in the field doing on-site repair work with shell and tube heat exchangers.
It’s great to be working for Southern. Every day is a challenge that allows me to learn and perfect my skills. I’m happy to be on board with such a great team!
Document Control Specialist
This is a part-time position (25-30 hours average per week) reporting to the Engineering Manager.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- E-mail drawings and requested information to customers
- Make hard copies of drawings, maintain document control records and deliver drawing and documents to the workshop designated areas
- Assist Engineering Department with computer related tasks, document changes and clerical activities
- Review job folders for completeness and accuracy of information to the engineering design process
- Maintain databases for all shop locations with dates, information, and required documents
- Setup and maintain customer portals for document transmittals
- Update AutoCAD drawings as necessary
- Maintain shop drawing document control log book for QC/ASME code compliance
The successful candidate should have good communication skills needed to work with both our customers and related internal department personnel. The job is Monday through Friday. Technical proficiency with computers is a must. AutoCAD experience is a plus.