Join Our Team
Southern Heat Exchanger is extremely selective in our hiring process. That is because we only hire the best employees to represent the Southern Heat Exchanger Brand.
We offer a wide range of opportunities within our company. From machinists to welders, we look for smart, hardworking individuals that take pride in delivering an amazing product to our customers.
Our employees receive high-quality training and never stop learning. We know that we need to constantly out hustle and continuously improve in order to beat the competition. Come join our team and become a part of a growing enterprise with over 60 years in the industry. We do not just give jobs, we offer you a career.
Quality Control Inspector
Quality Control Inspector (2ndShift)
The Quality Control (QC) Inspector is responsible for ensuring materials are received in compliance with the SHECO QA manual and deliverables are being built in compliance with ASME, TEMA, SHECO and customer quality standards.
Quality Control Manager
Internally - Production, Engineering, Purchasing
Externally – Vendors, Delivery Drivers, Customers
Key Responsibilities and Expected Results –
- - Quality Control Inspection
- - Read and interpret engineering drawings and radiographs
- - Assist in Material Test Report (MTR) review and filling
- - Perform PMI on incoming materials and generate reports as necessary
- - Assist in preparing name plates
- - Provide assistance during Code Audits, assist Authorized Inspectors and customer inspectors as needed
- - Other responsibilities per QC Job description
- - MTRs
- - Check MTR’s to make sure they meet the requirements of ASME Sec II.
- - Stamp MTR’s when approved with the Job #, Mark #, Initials, Date, and Number of pages.
- - Scan and save the MTRs to the Job Data File.
- - Upload and Approve the MTR’s on SHECO Data.
- - Partial Data(s)
- - Verify all partial data reports that come in with all welded parts from sub-vendors.
- - Verify all applicable x-ray where completed and reader sheets received
- - Scan and upload all partial data packages to the Job Data File
- - Acceptable Material
- - If material is correct and the MTR is approved Mark the Job # and Mark # on the part.
- - Kit parts per Job, and stage in the kit areas.
- - Non-Conforming Material
- - Notify Quality Manager of all non-conformances, damaged material or discrepancies
- - Put all non-conforming material in the Non-Conformance holding are.
- - Assist production with material handling duties including but not limited to bringing material into the shop, moving material between the different shops loading and unloading trucks.
- - Witness all the shipping of units.
- - Make sure the unit is loaded safely onto the truck or trailer,
- - The load is centered and secured correctly,
- - All ship loose is sent with the load.
- - Take pictures of the unit and ship loose on the truck, Upload pictures to the Job Data File.
- - Respectfully maintain effective working relations with co-workers at all times (including but not limited to daily effective communication, teamwork and information sharing).
- - Complete work in a safe, productive, and efficient manner
- - Maintain clean and safe work areas
- - Participate in company sponsored programs and initiatives including but not limited to QS, 5S, Production Boards, Continuous Improvement Team, Safety, etc.
- - Notify supervision of any Un-safe conditions
- - Support and follow all rules, procedures and daily standard work as defined by the company
- - Good Attendance is essential
- - Ability, knowledge and skills to operate shop machinery and equipment per standards
- - Complete other projects or tasks assigned by the Quality Control Manager
The foregoing is an outline of your key responsibilities and expected results. Due to changing circumstances and Worldwide Exchangers desire to constantly improve systems and processes, you may be required to work and perform other duties such as but not limited to working with shop tools and equipment that is deemed to be within your capacity.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 3-5 years’ experience in ASME Code Fabrication
• Welding experience preferred
• Highly motivated, results oriented
• Ability to Multitask
• Computer Skills required
o Send/Receive Emails
o Scan and upload documents
o Take and Upload pictures
o Use of Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, OneNote, SharePoint, OneDrive
Knowledge & Skills
• Basic understanding of heat exchanger terminology
• Basic understanding of ASME Code books
• Fundamentals of manufacturing processes and safety
• Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts
• Strong interpersonal and team communication skills
• Attention to Detail
• Problem Solving
• All employees are expected to adhere to company safety rules
• Employees shall wear company approved ANSI Z87 eye protection at all times while in any of the plants and outside of the PPE Free Zones. All eye protection that does not form-fit to the face must have side shields.
• Employees shall wear company approved NRR 27 or greater hearing protection at all times while in any of the plants and outside of the PPE free Zones
• Employees shall wear ASTM approved safety shoes at all times while in any of the plants and outside of the PPE Free Zones
• Employees shall wear company approved gloves at all times when necessary for the job task, and when using a knife, box cutter, and scissors.
The Welder is responsible for completing all welding operations on sub-assembly parts and complete heat exchangers, while also demonstrating good working ability to read prints to determine weld types, sizes, and information regarding the welding process.
The Machinist is responsible for operating turning equipment and basic machine tools. Machinist are also responsible for the layout and equipment set-up according to engineering drawings, work instructions and standards
The Fitter is responsible for fitting parts in sub-assembly and complete heat exchangers, while also gathering materials per job assignment and performing the necessary layout per prints.
Welding-Fabrication Inspector (2nd Shift)
The Welding-Fabrication Inspector is responsible for ensuring materials are received and
fabricated in compliance with the SHECO QA manual and deliverables are being built in
compliance with ASME, TEMA, SHECO and customer quality standards.