Join Our Team
Southern Heat Exchanger is extremely selective in our hiring process. That is because we only hire the best employees to represent the Southern Heat Exchanger Brand.
We offer a wide range of opportunities within our company. From machinists to welders, we look for smart, hardworking individuals that take pride in delivering an amazing product to our customers.
Our employees receive high-quality training and never stop learning. We know that we need to constantly out hustle and continuously improve in order to beat the competition. Come join our team and become a part of a growing enterprise with over 60 years in the industry. We do not just give jobs, we offer you a career.
Southern Heat Exchanger Corporation, a leader in the Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger Industry for over 60 years, is currently looking for a qualified Drafter. Southern Heat Exchanger is a part of the NDA Group based in Hamilton, New Zealand and has plants in Tuscaloosa, Houston, New Zealand, and Australia.
The selected candidate will join a growing organization as a member of the Engineering Team in Tuscaloosa. Primary responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Skills required: AutoCAD, Inventor 3D, Excel
- 3 plus years of experience and fabrication knowledge preferred but not required
The candidate should be highly motivated, results oriented and a self-starter to perform in a team environment that ensures customer commitments are met and intradepartmental coordination is maintained. The candidate should be thorough and detail-oriented with strong follow-through skills and abilities. An ability to correctly choose between competing priorities and to successfully manage multiple projects is also necessary. The candidate should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and be comfortable interacting with customers both in person and over the phone. This position will report to the Engineering Manager and compensation will be commensurate with experience. Extensive background checks will be conducted.
Southern Heat Exchanger Corporation offers a competitive benefit package including paid holidays, paid vacation, family Blue Cross and Blue Shield health insurance, Southland dental, Superior vision insurance, and 401(k). Qualified candidates who are interested in being part of the team at Southern Heat should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Southern Heat Exchanger Corporation
Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 1850
Tuscaloosa, AL 35403
Click to add a Details File and Application Link.Apply Now
The Welder is responsible for completing all welding operations on sub-assembly parts and complete heat exchangers, while also demonstrating good working ability to read prints to determine weld types, sizes, and information regarding the welding process.
The Machinist is responsible for operating turning equipment and basic machine tools. Machinist are also responsible for the layout and equipment set-up according to engineering drawings, work instructions and standards
The Fitter is responsible for fitting parts in sub-assembly and complete heat exchangers, while also gathering materials per job assignment and performing the necessary layout per prints.
2nd Shift Quality Control Inspector
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for ensuring materials are received in compliance with the SHECO QA manual and deliverables are being built in compliance with ASME, TEMA, Sheco and customer quality standards, as well as assisting outside inspectors and auditors to assure a strong reputation. Provide guidance, as necessary, to junior department members.
Quality Control Manager
The foregoing is an outline of your key responsibilities and expected results. Due to changing circumstances and Sheco’s desire to constantly improve systems and processes, you may be required to perform other duties deemed to be within your capacity after consultation with you.
Key Responsibilities and Expected Results
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and radiographs
- Assist in Material Test Report (MTR) review and filing
- Perform PMI on incoming materials and generate reports as necessary.
- Perform Non-Destructive Examinations (NDE’s – visual inspection, penetrant testing, magnetic particle, leak testing, air & helium tests, hardness and thickness readings) and measurements (fit-ups, tolerances)
- Read, interpret and implement information derived from ASME Sections II, V, VIII, IX, TEMA standards, customer specifications and quality assurance manual
- Provide assistance during Code Audits, assist Authorized Inspectors and customer inspectors as needed
- Assist in preparing name plates
- Assist in training of new quality inspectors, grinding personnel, fitters and welders
- Collect and organize data for customer packages
- Manage on-going radiograph inventory for current jobs in shop
- Maintain organized quality control files
- Maintain pressure gauge calibration program
- Recommend improvements in quality procedures and equipment
High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years in quality with a similar metal fabrication industry
- Certified VT II, PT II, LT II & RT II preferred
- Certified welding inspector or experience as a welder, fitter or machinist preferred
- Working knowledge of MS office products
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of exchanger testing and NDE techniques, material classifications and handling techniques
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, specifications and X-Ray’s
- Mechanical and Metallurgical knowledge
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements
- Basic office skills
- Ability to follow documented procedures and standards
- General metal fabrication knowledge
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts
The Buyer/Procurement I is responsible for interpreting engineering drawings, calculations, bills of material, and specifications in order to procure needed raw materials to support fabrication. Must compile and maintain records of business transactions and office activities of the organization. Responsible for performing all job duties in accordance with applicable work instructions and standards.