I joined SHECO’s Houston operation in May 2009. I started as a temporary employee, but was soon offered a full-time position in August 2009. By starting out as a laborer, I was able to gain knowledge and experience in different workshop areas, which included welding and boilermaker skills. I’ve also worked in the field doing on-site repair work with shell and tube heat exchangers.
It’s great to be working for SHECO. Every day is a challenge that allows me to learn and perfect my skills. I’m happy to be on board with such a great team!
Sales Design Engineer
Southern Heat Exchanger Corporation, a leader in the Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger Industry for over 50 years, is currently looking for a qualified Sales Design Engineer. Southern Heat Exchanger is a part of the NDA Group based in Hamilton, New Zealand and has plants in Tuscaloosa, Houston, New Zealand, and Australia.
The selected candidate will join a growing organization as a vital and strategic member of the USA corporate sales team. The position will be located in Tuscaloosa, Al. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing and evaluating customer inquiries within an assigned territory and/or customer base.
- Thermal and mechanical design of heat exchange equipment
- Cost estimation of heat exchange equipment
- Prepare bid documents and pricing for proposal and present solution to the customer
- Assist customer as needed during the bid review process
- Assist the outside sales team during the negotiation process
- Complete contract (purchase order) review including commercial and technical compliance with bid documents and company policy.
- Execute and distribute customer contracts according to established company policy and procedure
- Manage company established CRM relating to customers, contacts , and inquiries
Ideal candidate should have a B.S. in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering. Candidate should be highly motivated, results oriented and a self-starter to perform in a team environment under a minimum of supervision. Candidate should be thorough and detail oriented with strong follow-through skills and abilities. An ability to correctly choose between competing priorities and to successfully manage multiple projects is also necessary. Candidate should possess strong interpersonal and communications skills and be comfortable interacting with customers both in person and over the phone. Basic computer skills and familiarity with standard office and browser based software is required. This position will report to the VP of Sales Engineering and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Southern Heat Exchanger Corporation offers a competitive benefit package including paid holidays, paid vacation, B/C B/S health insurance, Southland Dental insurance, Superior Vision insurance, and 401(k). Qualified candidates who are interested in being part of the team at Southern Heat should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Southern Heat Exchanger Corporation
Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 1850
Tuscaloosa, AL 35403
Corporate Human Resource Manager
Southern Heat Exchanger Corporation (SHECO), a leader in the Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger Industry for over 55 years, is currently looking for a qualified Corporate Human Resources Manager. SHECO is a part of the NDA Group based in Hamilton, New Zealand and has facilities in the United States, New Zealand, and Australia.
The selected candidate will join a growing organization as the leader of the Human Resources Team. The candidate will be located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama but will be responsible for Human Resources (HR) and Health, Safety and Environmental (HS&E) in SHECO’s Tuscaloosa Alabama, Houston, Texas and Tulsa Oklahoma locations. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership, direction and expertise for the full scope of HR and HSE functions at all US locations including: professional and non-exempt employee relations, performance management, succession and contingency planning, compensation and benefits, safety, environmental and workers compensation programs, organizational design and optimization, and recruiting/selection.
- Manage HR & HSE Administrators at each US location
- Maintain HRIS system and related files
- Design and implement best practice improvements for HR and HS&E policies and procedures
- Counsel, coach, advise and train managers on HR and HS&E policies and procedures, issues, regulations and responsibilities
- Ensure legal compliance with all employment related federal, state and local government laws along with preparing and maintaining required reporting
The successful candidate must have a Bachelors degree in Human Resources or a related field and 5-7 years prior experience as a Human Resources Manager. PHR or SPHR certification and union experience in manufacturing is preferred. Experience with Sage HRMS is a plus.
The candidate should be detail oriented, self motivated, dependable and have the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization while recognizing and appropriately handling confidential and sensitive information. The candidate must have the ability to independently build business relationships across all levels at all locations and possess the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines as required.
Travel will be required (quarterly) to each of SHECO’s US locations with additional visits anticipated during the candidate’s first year as he/she learns the business.
This position will report to the CEO and compensation will be commensurate with experience. It is anticipated that this position will expand into a Director role as the company expands its facilities and locations via organic and acquisition based growth over the next 2 to 5 years. Extensive background testing will be required.
SHECO offers a competitive benefit package including paid holidays, paid vacation, family Blue Cross and Blue Shield health insurance, Southland Dental insurance, Superior Vision insurance, and a 401(k). Qualified candidates having the experience listed and are interested in being part of the team at SHECO are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements.